Genie Terms and conditions
This is a contract between you and the Genie dating App limited. We want you to know yours and our rights before you use the Genie application. Please take a few moments to read these Terms before using the App. Once you access, view or use the App, you are going to be legally bound by these Terms.
We may make changes to this Agreement and to the Service from time to time. We may do this for a variety of reasons including to reflect changes in or requirements of the law, new features, or changes in business practices. The most recent version of this Agreement will be posted on the App under General Settings and also on geniedatingapp.com, and you should regularly check for the most recent version. The most recent version is the version that applies. If the changes include material changes that affect your rights or obligations, we will notify you in advance of the changes by reasonable means, which could include notification through the App or via email. If you continue to use the Service after the changes become effective, then you agree to the revised Agreement.
You will need to register for an account (“Account”). In order to create an Account you must:
be at least 18 years old; and be legally permitted to use the App by the laws of your home country.
2. Your Account
You can create an Account via manual registration, Apple , Google or by using your Facebook login details. If you create an Account using your Facebook login details, you authorise us to access, display and use certain information from your Facebook account (e.g. profile pictures, relationship status, location and information about Facebook friends).
If you create an account using Apple or Google sign-in, we will only use the authentication permission they provide us.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for Genie, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact us.
We do not allow you to use another person’s Account without permission.
To prevent users from uploading any other image than their own image , we ask you to upload a selfie which we use to compare with the image you have uploaded using AI(Artificial Intelligence). Whilst our AI is really good, exceptions can occur. In such scenarios, you agree that you may not hold Genie responsible for AI’s failure to identify you. The AI can also reject an image if it thinks that image does not meet Genie’s guidelines related to upload of pornographic, violence related images or even celebrity images.
You will however be provided with an option to ask for a manual verification if you feel that our AI has made a mistake. While we would usually respond to manual verification requests within few hours , we cannot guarantee a manual response time maximum. In such a scenario you are encouraged to upload a different image.
You can delete your account anytime on Genie by going to the edit profile page and clicking on the ‘Delete account’ link. Your Account will be deleted immediately but it may take a little while for Your Content be completely removed from the App.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to terminate or suspend any Account, or make use of any operational, technological, legal or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses), at any time without liability and without the need to give you prior notice.
3. Safety and Your Interactions with Other Members
Whilst, we provide various safety features within the app especially on RealLife module like anonymous and invisible mode ( for women only ) and Delay and switching of RealLife, You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. You understand that genie does not conduct criminal background checks on its members or otherwise inquire into the background of its members. Genie makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of members.
You agree to use caution in all interactions with other members, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other members.
4. Use of ‘Content’
Content that you upload and provide is defined as ‘Your content’
By creating an account, you grant to Genie a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute information you authorize us to access from Facebook, as well as any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other members (collectively, “Your Content”). Genie’s license to your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that Genie’s license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of the Service. For example, Genie would have an exclusive license to screenshots of the Service that include your Content. In addition, so that Genie can prevent the use of your Content outside of the Service, you authorize Genie to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of your Content taken from the Service by other members or third parties.
As Your Content is unique, you are responsible and liable for Your Content and will indemnify, defend, release, and hold us harmless from any claims made in connection with Your Content.
The following content will not be allowed on Genie
- contains language or imagery which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- is obscene, pornographic, violent or otherwise may offend human dignity;
- is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence;
- is defamatory or libellous;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”;
- contains any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Genie or otherwise;
- itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
- shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent
- You will also not display any personal contact or banking information on your individual profile page whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances.
Genie is a public community, Your Content will be visible to other users of the App all around the world instantly – so make sure you are comfortable sharing Your Content before you post. As such, you agree that Your Content may be viewed by other users and any person visiting, participating in or who is sent a link to the App (e.g. individuals who receive a link to a user’s profile or shared content from other Genie Users).
We have the right to remove, edit, limit or block access to any of Your Content at any time, and we have no obligation to display or review Your Content.
Please be informed that Genie may access, store and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law, by performing its agreement with you, or in a good faith belief that such access, storage or disclosure satisfies a legitimate interest, including to: a. comply with legal process; b. enforce the Agreement; c. respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; d. respond to your requests for customer service; or e. protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
4.2 Member Content
Member content is defined as content that other members provide.
You do not have any rights in relation to other users’ Member Content, and you may only use other Genie users’ personal information to the extent that your use of it matches Genie’s purpose of allowing people to meet one another. You may not use other users’ information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate your Account if you misuse other users’ information.
Member Content is subject to the terms and conditions of Sections 512(c) and/or 512(d) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998. If you have a complaint about Member Content, please see the Digital Millennium Copyright Act section below for more information.
4.3 Genie’s content
We grant you a non-exclusive, limited, personal, non-transferable, revocable, licence to access and use Our Content, without the right to sublicense, under the following conditions
- use the Service or any content contained in the Service for any commercial purposes without our written consent.
- copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through the Service without Genie’s prior written consent.
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Genie.
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- use the Service in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the Service or the servers or networks connected to the Service.
- upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Service.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Service.
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service without Genie’s prior written authorization.
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Genie or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of Genie) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service, or cause others to do so.
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Service or other members’ Content or information without our written consent.
- use, access, or publish the Genie application programming interface without our written consent.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Service or any system or network.
- encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement.
The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/ or unauthorized uses of the Service, including termination of your account.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
5. Use of Bluetooth
Genie’s RealLife module uses Bluetooth to search and provide you with potential matches nearby. You are explicitly asked for this permission.
If you do not give Genie access to this and location permission, we will not be able to provide you scan for you potential users nearby.
We only use your Bluetooth to exchange a unique id (which is Genie generated) with other Genie users nearby.
This permission does not give us any access to data on your phone and such we don’t exchange any other data with other phones using Bluetooth.
By giving us access and permission to use Bluetooth, you give us the right to exchange this unique number.
6. Using RealLife module
RealLife module uses Bluetooth to scan for people that are in ‘Bluetooth’ range of you. Since you are in such extreme physical proximity of potential matches, you are solely liable for your own security. Genie will not be responsible for a member trying to harass you if he finds you on Genie. However, we encourage you to report any such behaviour to Genie immediately and we can take appropriate action like blocking such users after investigation or providing evidence to any legal agency if required.
We provide various security mechanisms , especially for women to ensure safety of proximity dating including just turning off RealLife module. To ensure ease of access this option is available as a shortcut from the app icon itself.
Please read Genie’s guidelines available in the app to read about security features in RealLife including anonymous, invisible and delay modes.
Also, to ensure that you are not visible to other people nearby, please always use the ‘switch off’ RealLife feature, as just turning off Bluetooth may not guarantee that you will not be visible to other people nearby.
We may make certain products and/or services available to users of the App in consideration of fees (“Premium Services”), including the ability to purchase products, services and enhancements, such as sending a RealLife request, fetches or crush requests, extending the ‘history’ of users that you see etc (In-App Products”).
All In-app purchases in Genie are used by purchasing Genie ‘Coins’, the price of each credit or bulk coins bought can vary from country or region. You are only required to buy these ‘Coins’ from third party services like Apple’s i-tunes service or Google’s Playstore. You can then use these coins for various premium services offered within the app. We will show you how many coins will be used for use a every service and will always prompt you to confirm the purchase.
If you choose to use Premium Services or purchase In-App Products, you acknowledge and agree that additional terms may apply to your use of, access to and purchase of such Premium Services and In-App Products, and such additional terms are incorporated herein by reference. You may purchase Premium Services and In-App Products through the following payment methods (each, a “Premium Payment Method”): (a) making a purchase through the Apple App Store ®, Google Play or other mobile or web application platforms or storefronts authorised by us (each, a “Third Party Store”), (b) paying with your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account, which will be processed by a third party processor, or (c) adding charges to your mobile carrier bill and remitting payment directly to your carrier. Once you have requested a Premium Service or In-App Product, you authorise us to charge your chosen Premium Payment Method and your payment is non-refundable. If payment is not received by us from your chosen Premium Payment Method, you agree to promptly pay all amounts due upon demand by us. If you want to cancel or change your Premium Payment Method at any time, you can do so either via the payment settings option under your profile or by contacting your mobile service provider. If your chosen Premium Payment Method is via your mobile service provider, then please check with them about their payment terms, as their payment terms will govern how payments to the Genie are made as well as how such payments may be changed or cancelled.
Since our model is based on pay for only those services that you want to use, we do not tie you into any sort of subscription. For services which have a potential to be renewed after they expire, for ease of users, we provide an auto-renew feature within the app. You are advised to choose this feature only for services that you want to be renewed without you having to manually buy them each time you want to use. Your auto-renewal for a premium service also only works till the time you have coins and will be deducted after the expiry time of a the specific service that you had chosen to buy.
In the event of a conflict between a Third Party Store’s terms and conditions and these Terms, the terms and conditions of the Third Party Store or service provider shall govern and control. We are not responsible and have no liability whatsoever for goods or services you obtain through the Third Party Store, our third party service providers or other web sites or web pages. We encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online transaction with any of these third parties.
If you choose to purchase an In-App Product, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with the Third Party Store you are using (e.g., Android, Apple, etc.) (“your Mobile Platform Account”), and your Mobile Platform Account will be charged for the Premium Service and/or In-App Product in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase, as well as the general terms applicable to all other in-app purchases made through your Mobile Platform Account (e.g., Android, Apple, etc.).
The pricing of coins may vary due to a number of factors, such as (but not limited to) promotional offers, loyalty bonuses and other discounts that might apply to your age group.
In all cases, we are not responsible and have no liability whatsoever for any payment processing errors (including card processing, identity verification, analysis and regulatory compliance) or fees or other service-related issues, including those issues that may arise from inaccurate account information, or products or goods you obtain through your Mobile Platform Account or Third Party Stores. Further, the Genie Group does not guarantee that product descriptions or other content and products will be available, accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Descriptions and images of, and references to, products or services (including Premium Services or In-App Products) do not imply our or any of our affiliates’ endorsement of such products or services. Moreover, Genie and its third party operational service providers reserve the right, with or without prior notice, for any or no reason, to change product descriptions, images, and references; to limit the available quantity of any product; to honour, or impose conditions on the honouring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; to bar any user from conducting any or all transaction(s); and/or to refuse to provide any user with any product. Further, if we terminate your use of or registration to the App because you have breached these Terms, you shall not be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of any fees, payments or other consideration. We encourage you to review the terms and conditions of the applicable third party payment processors, Third Party Store or Mobile Platform Account before you make any In-App Products or Premium Service purchases.
8. PUSH NOTIFICATIONS; LOCATION-BASED FEATURES
We may from time to time send you emails regarding our recent features, your app activity, your account security, any offers that we think you may be interested in and several other reasons where we think you as a customer will benefit from information. By signing up you agree to our terms.
We may provide you with emails, text messages, push notifications, alerts and other messages related to the App and/or the Genie services, such as enhancements, offers, products, events, and other promotions. After downloading the App, you will be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will be automatically sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from the App, you may opt out by changing your notification settings on your mobile device. With respect to other types of messaging or communications, such as emails, text messages, etc., you can unsubscribe or opt out by either following the specific instructions included in such communications, or by emailing us with your request at email@example.com
THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, AND MEMBER CONTENT ARE ALL PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SHOULD APPLICABLE LAW NOT PERMIT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN WE GRANT THE MINIMUM EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS SECTION.
ADDITIONALLY, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE APP OR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR THAT THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, ANY MEMBER CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IS CORRECT, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE. YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. GENIE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER. GENIE DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS.
NEITHER US NOR ANY OWNER WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, OR ANY MEMBER CONTENT, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PROPRIETARY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING SHALL APPLY EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED IN ANY WAY WITH THE APP OR SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF THE APP AND SITE.
YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY HEREIN IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND REFLECTS A FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK. THE APP AND SITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES SPECIFIED HEREIN WILL SURVIVE EVEN IF FOUND TO HAVE FAILED IN THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10. INDEMNITY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
All the actions you make and information you post on Genie remain your responsibility. Therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us, and our partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, harmless, from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with:
1. any negligent acts, omissions or wilful misconduct by you;
2. your access to and use of the App;
3. the uploading or submission of Content to the App by you;
4. any breach of these Terms by you; and/or
5. your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party.
We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent. If we ask, you will co-operate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defence of any relevant claim.
9. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Genie dating app has adopted the following policy towards copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). If you believe any Member Content or Our Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) including the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
3. Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Any DMCA Takedown Notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. THIRD PARTY APP STORE
The following additional terms and conditions apply to you if you download the App from a Third Party Store. To the extent that the other terms and conditions of these Terms are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of this Section, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in this Section will apply, but solely with respect to the App and the Third Party Store. You acknowledge and agree that:
1. These Terms are concluded solely between you and Genie and not with the providers of the Third Party Store, and Genie (and not the Third Party Store providers) is solely responsible for the App and the content thereof. To the extent that these Terms provide for usage rules for the App which are less restrictive or in conflict with the applicable terms of service of the Third Party Store from which you obtain the App, the more restrictive or conflicting term of the Third Party Store will take precedence and will apply.
2. The Third Party Store provider has no obligation whatsoever to provide any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. Genie is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. The Third Party Store provider will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of the Genie
3. Genie, not the Third Party Store provider, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and/or (iv) intellectual property infringement claims.
4. The Third Party Store provider and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and, upon your acceptance of these Terms, the Third Party Store provider from whom you obtained the App will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
These Terms, which we may amend from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you and Genie dating app limited. The Terms supersede all previous agreements, representations and arrangements between us (written or oral). Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Genie has taken reasonable steps to ensure the currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on Genie and provides that information on an “as is”, “as available” basis. Genie does not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind about the information contained on Genie, whether express or implied. Use of Genie and the materials available on it is at your sole risk. Genie can not be held responsible for any loss arising from the transmission, use of data, or inaccurate User Content.
You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any material you may obtain from Genie is free of viruses or other harmful components. You accept that Genie will not be provided uninterrupted or error free, that defects may not be corrected or that Genie or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs, spyware, Trojan horse or any similar malicious software. Genie is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction.
We may change our T&C’s from time to time
As Genie grows, we might have to make changes to these Terms so we reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a “Change”). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the Effective Date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of a Change. You should regularly check this page for notice of any Changes – we want our users to be as informed as possible.
Your continued use of Genie following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms. If you do not accept any Changes to the Terms, you should stop using Genie immediately.
If, for any reason, any of the Terms are declared illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
No failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of the right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
You represent and warrant that:
1. you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
2. you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
By using the App, you agree and acknowledge that Genie is a global app operating through servers located in a number of countries around the world, including the United States. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your personal data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, or by choosing to upgrade the services you use, or by making use of the applications available on Genie, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and storage and processing of your personal information in, any such countries and destinations.
The App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. In such cases, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for:
1. the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or
2. the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. Framing, in-line linking or other methods of association with the App are expressly prohibited without first obtaining our prior written approval.
These Terms, and any rights and licences granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction.
12. ABOUT US
Your access to the App, Our Content, and any Member Content, as well as these Terms are governed and interpreted by the laws of United Kingdom, other than such laws, rules, regulations and case law that would result in the application of the laws of a jurisdiction other than United Kingdom. By using the App, you are consenting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom. You agree that such courts shall have in personam jurisdiction and venue and waive any objection based on inconvenient forum. You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us. In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Terms, the English version shall prevail.
The Terms constitute a binding legal agreement between you as user (“you”) and Genie Dating App Limited(“we” or “us”). Genie dating app’s registered office is at 26-27 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3RA.
The Terms were last updated on: 25 Sept 2020.